Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sincere boy?

Not sure if it would be better to have the kid offer up his toy to gramps....but I felt like that's a pretty bold move considering he's a stranger. So I thought a shy wave might be better :) Please let me know what you think! Thanks!!

http://www.syncsketch.com/playground/eb2edbf0067041ad90ade26d2ddb0f98#89348

Also Victor, I wanted to think of ideas for my next shot. What should be next on my reel? I want to get rid of everything after 0:45. Please let me know!

https://vimeo.com/87952760

Have a great weekend everyone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny,
    I like the idea of the wave, but I wonder if shy is the way to play it. Waving even though you are shy is sophisticated for a small child, unless they are forced to do so by a parent. If the kid is genuinely shy, I imagine he would shrink away. If he's the kind of outgoing kid who waves at strangers, then he would do it more directly and sincerely. By having him be both shy and waving, I feel that he is putting on a performance rather than acting from genuine emotion. I think you should either play the wave as happy or clueless, or have the kid withdraw from shyness (he could still smile, as if he knows he's been caught). I did a drawing to correct his eye line, and I think you need to raise up the old man's head to clear up his eyeline as well. See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete